Thursday 11 October 2012

Harry Potter Sound Exercise


Harry Potter sound exercise

For the credit sequence, I used music that sounded eerie and quite futuristic to match what was on screen. At the beginning music starts playing while there is nothing on screen. Then once the 'Warner Brothers' logo appears on screen the music starts to build up, which builds up tension for the audience. I also used thunder to highlight certain aspects of this sequence such as when it read 'Harry Potter'. This matches what is on screen as well. Then as it titles fade out a pan shot of a road is shown on screen. I used ambient sounds as I think diegetic sound would work best for this scene. For the playground sequence I used ambient sounds again such as the cricket noise to make the film seem realistic. I also used quiet and slightly creepy non-diegetic music to continue the suspense of the film. Just before the dialogue I fade out the music. Throughout the dialogue there is no other sound, so the viewer will just focus on what is being said.  When it became dark on screen I used thunder and grand, majestic music to build up the tension further. Overall, I'm pleased with my final sequence. Although I didn't manage to finish it, I think the scenes that I completed were good and carefully thought out. If I had completed it I would have used tense music later on to help build up anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment